PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor - next key

Jakkar
12-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey all,
Does anyone know if there is a way to "go to next keyframe" in the graph editor like you can on the main timebar?

Some tools create keyframes that are not visible on the time line and can only be seen in the graph editor. When doing extensive keyframe editing, it would be a huge help to be able to just advance to the next keyframe in the graph without having to zoom in and manually try and click 1 keyframe when its surrounded by so many others.

Am I missing something simple? Or is Lightwave missing it...

StereoMike
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Once you selected some points (either one point on one channel or multiple points on the same frame) you can use the arrow keys right/left to go to next/prev keyframe.

mike

Jakkar
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM
oops, yes that's fairly obvious, I knew that. I misunderstood the question that I was asked to post.
I think the true question is, can the graph editor advance the current frame pointer on the main timebar to go to this frame as well.
In other words, we would like the main view to show the frame that is selected in the graph bar but this does not seem to be possible with LightWave.
All of this would be unnecessary if SplineControl's keyframes showed up in the main timeline instead of just the graph, then we could advance to the next keyframe and also have the view updated to that key.
Oh well.
Thank you though.
Maybe, when Newtek finally improves SplineControl to work like normal tools...