PDA

View Full Version : File/Overlay Problem

SteelPicR
12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
OK, Digital Fusion 4 is currently not able to read or write .rtv files since the upgrade to VT5. My question is this; What file format from DF4 will work as an overlay in VT5? I have tried all of the SpeedEdit VT codecs and nothing works like the .rtv did. Before the upgrade, all I did was render out of DF4 as .rtv and drop the file in the timeline in VT and hit the overlay...Presto...instant background video with the DF4 file on top. I've been waiting on a solution from NT tech for nearly 2 weeks.

SBowie
12-02-2007, 05:42 PM
You should be able to render out several types of uncompressed 32bit AVI that would work about as well as RTV (with alpha.)

SteelPicR
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Shouldn't the SpeedEditHQ 4:2:2:4 (with alpha) work? I'm using avi under "File" Output Format and SpeedEditHQ 4:2:2:4 (with alpha) under "Format" Compression with a .avi extention.

SBowie
12-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Shouldn't the SpeedEditHQ 4:2:2:4 (with alpha) work? I'm using avi under "File" Output Format and SpeedEditHQ 4:2:2:4 (with alpha) under "Format" Compression with a .avi extention.I don;t see why not, presuming Fusion is not having a problem with it. I'll try to test this later (sorry, swamped) ... but I'm running 5, not 4.

SteelPicR
12-03-2007, 07:56 AM
I've tried everything I can think of. As you know, DF is not a cheap peace of software but it might as well be a coaster right now.

SBowie
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
You mean the uncompressed AVI option fails? (I didn't think you'd object to that, because they should work as well as RTV and are about the same size.)

SteelPicR
12-03-2007, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=SBowie]You mean the uncompressed AVI option fails?QUOTE]

Yes.

SBowie
12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
That makes no sense. VT[5] can certainly play an AVI with alpha enabled in the DSK - I just tried it.

I can't test Fusion, as it has decided to give me a HASP error today and I don't have time to figure out why (I've had a lot of these over time, meaning to exchange my old PAR port dongle for a USB one and hope to get away from the problems) - but surely Fusion can export a proper AVI. Failure to do so would have nothing to do with VT[5]. More likely some config error in exporting the file ...

SteelPicR
12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
More likely some config error in exporting the file ...

When you get time, what would the proper config look like for an uncompressed .avi? I have always used .rtv's and never had to deal with anything else for export to VT.