PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial video

ramccombe
12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi gang, I just finished a video tutorial demonstrating a technique using two point poly chains and metalink shown a while back by Pooby I believe. It took me quite a while to figure out what he was describing in the forum but at last. This tutorial shows a quick way of making two point poly chains out of just about anything that is NOT subpatched and can use the bevel tool. It also demonstrates using cloth dynamics and metalink to use this technique. This is a basic demo so needless to say more polys means higher resolution. I hope this helps some of the users out there. Finally feel like I have something to contribute. Oh buy the way it's Quicktime H264 (smallest I could get it about 11 megs). It's located at the address below in the LightWave folder, it was to large to post. I posted the scene files here for you to dissect. You will have to calculate the dynamics as I did save the motion files. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

http://homepage.mac.com/richardmccombe/FileSharing3.html

norlight
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Richard. I still havenŽt figured out what two-point poly chains can do for me ... Looking forward to investigate your tut, d-lŽing right now!