PDA

View Full Version : LW modeler help.

toorima
12-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Hello,
I don't have any idea why this is not working but I will explain the best I can.

I just got a new computer and I installed lightwave on it. When I open up modeler and make a simple box or any object for that matter it all seems pretty normal, but the problem comes in when I try to select polygons.
When I right click there should be a light blue line that shows what area I am selecting. Well I don't see that, It just selects areas I go over, and does not always select everything. The next problem is when I do select an area it only shows as being selected in one view area, the other 3 are not showing anything as selected. Also left click does nothing. i can click and move all over an object and it sometimes selects polygons.
If it helps my new computer is running on windows vista now.

walfridson
12-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you need to update your graphics card driver.
Any ideas what card you have?

toorima
12-01-2007, 05:20 PM
ohhhhh.... didn't even think of that. I don't have a graphic card right now. I have one ordered but it hasn't come in yet. Lol i didn't like the one that came with my computer so I asked for the to take it out and order another one.

I will go grab my old graphic card and put it into my newsystem to see if that works.

toorima
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
oh yeah....forgot old computer isnt PCI-E