PDA

View Full Version : Newb in trouble

skywalker113
12-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Hello. I have a problem with one of my space ships im trying to model. I made it huge in modeler, but when I tried putting them in layout. The whole screen went grey. I know that it happens when a object is to big. So I tried making it much smaller. But it still blanked out everything in layout. I tried looking for it in the greyness. All I can find is a huge camera and a huge light. !?!?!?. And when I press F9. I can see it but it is very very small or distant. And I cant do anything to bring it closer or make it larger. And now, theres another problem with it in modeler. When I load it up, its not there. I need to search the graphing plain in order to find it.

Can anyone help me out?

iconoclasty
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
So, did you make it extremely tiny then? In modeler you should be able to push ctrl-a and it will fit the model in your viewports. You can also change your grid size under the display options in Layout. If you turn that down then the lights and cameras will get smaller and match more with the model.

skywalker113
12-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the help. Btw. Does anyone know how to put diffrent scenes together and add sound to a scene?

Skinner3D
12-01-2007, 07:28 PM
:D Both of those are easy

Go to File > Load > Load Items from scene, when the box comes up select the elements that you want loaded

For sound open the scene editor panel. go to Audio > Load Audio. As far as I know it must be .wav filetype. this will put it in your scene, but your final movie (if you render) won't have sound unless you put it in using a movie editing program

skywalker113
12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
:D Both of those are easy

Go to File > Load > Load Items from scene, when the box comes up select the elements that you want loaded

For sound open the scene editor panel. go to Audio > Load Audio. As far as I know it must be .wav filetype. this will put it in your scene, but your final movie (if you render) won't have sound unless you put it in using a movie editing program

I would like to have scenes play after each other. Such as when one scene is over the next one immediatly starts.

iconoclasty
12-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I think you're looking for a video editor. Newtek offers Speededit on this site, some other professional editors are Adobe Premier Pro, FinalCut Pro.

If you want a free version most around this forum would probably recomend virtualdub.