PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! Please Read...

majorbox
11-30-2007, 09:04 PM
So I've built an aerial shot in lightwave using ozone 3, it's for an HD project so at 720p res, and 4x aa the render time is about 35 minutes a frame (G5 1.8DP).

Theres 1440 frames....

I was going to send it off to one of the online render farms, but I'm just now finding out that they want $50 per render machine. I'm new to render-farms so does that mean that if it's a 500 node render farm I would have to by 500 licenses?!? ($25K?) That's insane.

Any advice? Know of another plugin that can do realistic clouds (the plane is flying well above the clouds, so they don't have to look good enough to fly in)?

The deadline is next Friday at the absolute latest, so even if I bought two 8 core macs (and returned them) I don't even think I would meet that deadline?

HELP!

Surrealist.
11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Replied to your other thread.

iconoclasty
12-01-2007, 12:06 PM
A more descriptive title would have been great.

stevehmeyer
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
The best ture volumetric plugin for clouds from any angle, in my opinion, is "Ogo-Taiki" which has been in beta for years but still in development (current version is 1.25B)

It can only be permanently unlocked if you buy the inexpensive license for "Ogo-Hikari" (a Sub-Surface_Scattering plugin) and it sometimes takes the developer a bit of time to reply.

Do not look for faster render times because the price for supurb clouds is long renders.

In short this will not help you in your current situation.

After years of trying to tweak Ozone 2.0 (no true volumetric clouds) and being constrained by the very frustrating and limited approach e-on took in developing the plugin I was set free by "Ogo Taiki".

It is very complicated and some parameters are very touchy, but you can get what you want in any cloud situation and eventually it will look great, but there is a steep learning curve.

In short it is hard to believe any 3D package has a better plugin or capability than Ogo-Taiki.

See what Gregory Glezakos did using Ogo-Taiki at:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/glezakos/1.html

Here is the URL for Ogo-Taiki:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pq1a-ogs/taiki_e.html

Steve Horstmeyer