PDA

View Full Version : Always Crashing

kdkatz
11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I just got Lightwave today but every time I try to do something in modeler besides draw a primitive object it stops responding and crashes. I can't figure out whats wrong and I'm getting frustrated, so I'm asking for your help. I hope this is the right place to put this.

Deteals: I'm running Vista on a PC I've looked over the system requirements of the software and I meet all of the requirements expect I'm not sure about the Graphics card. I have a ATI Mobility Radeon X2300. Is this my problem? Also until now I have not used anything involving Open GL I downloaded it but nothing seems to have improved.

Thanks in advance

archijam
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Yep that's odd.

Find out what graphics card you have, and in any case turn your Open GL settings down, and make sure GLSL shading is deactivated.

Which version of LW are you running?

j.

kdkatz
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
My graphics card is: ATI Mobility Radeon X2300
I'm running version: 9.2
GLSL shading is deactivated but I don't know how to get at the Open GL settings. I'm thinking I may have gotten a bad download. Where should I try to download OpenGL from?

Sensei
12-01-2007, 12:55 AM
OpenGL is part of drivers for your graphics card. But first update your LW to the latest v9.3.1 and try with it. Remember about deleting config files, just in any case. They're in C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\

kdkatz
12-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I updated to the beta and it seemed to be working perfectly but just as I was happy it began crashing (in the "not responding" sense) when I attempt to use nodes. Any help?

tcvivrant
12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
i have the same problem when i use nodes, but it only crashes in layout...any suggestions anyone?

Sensei
12-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I would try removing old cfg and start with fresh one.. For beginning..