PDA

View Full Version : Screen Refresh Speeds (suck)

Filmdesigner
11-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Hiyall,

Got a frustrating issue. My MacPro takes forever to refresh the LW screen (a minute or lomger sometimes). Does anyone have advice on graphics cards as the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT card that came standard was just swapped-out by Apple as we all thought it was kaput. The replacement card is just as slow...

The refresh speeds are independent of the OpenGL settings and will take ages even when open GL is off, or when using Wireframe. I thought the GeForce card was more than suitable when I purchased the machine.

Advice requested. Thanks.

Phil
11-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Are you running the UB or legacy version of LW? Do you see the problem with both versions?

lucaFX
12-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem, but the 9.3.1UB is a little better than the 9.3UB.
In the CFM build I didn't see this issue.

Borell
12-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Hi everybody,
I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm using the 9.3.1UB on a Mac Pro dual quad core with lots of RAM and the ATI grafics card. Switching from modeller to layout and refreshing the screen takes forever (minutes) even if there was no changes done to the objects used in the scene. Flipping to any other app and then back again to layout same thing...

Really slows you down when your trying to get your job done!

eblu
12-21-2007, 10:28 AM
its a bug, not something that can be addressed w/ more ram or a faster Card.

I think you can minimize its effect (but not eliminate it) if you don't run with THE HUB.

to stop using the hub, simply rename it, before you launch Modeler or layout. This will make the hub Fail to launch. You'll be responsible for updating the models between layout and modeler, but it "should" help you out, a bit.