PDA

View Full Version : Upstream keys?

mhenstell
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Hello,
So VT5 is stupposed to have upstream keys on every input, correct? Does anyone know how to access that?
Thanks

billmi
11-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Yes, it does. There are two ways to access them.

On the 8 input tabbed switcher, they are accessed with the Live Matte tab.

They are also accessible through the Input Setup Module.

mhenstell
11-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks. I figured out how to add them by making the graphic into a "Live Set" in CG designer, but I didn't notice a way to do this using input setup (forgive me, I'm not in front of my VT system at the moment). Is there a way do this using using a graphic or (preferably) an animated graphic without using Live Set? Thanks a lot.

billmi
11-30-2007, 07:03 AM
I don't know of a way to key them with their own alpha channel, but you can chraomakey them in with LiveMatte easily.

To do this, load the graphic in a DDR, and open the Input Setup window - choosing the DDR with the graphic. Assuming your system is live, put select the DDR on your preview bus, and if you don't have a Video Monitor open for preview, open one. Turn on Live Matte (but not Live Set.) Use the eyedropper tool to select the background color you want to key out.

Select the source that you want keyed behind the graphic on the Auxiliary bus. Now when you go to the DDR on your main bus, the graphic will be keyed over the video source that is on the Aux bus.

SBowie
11-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Good 'outside the box' thinking, Bill :)

It would be possible as well to create a custom LiveSet to do the same thing, i.e., place the aux/fx source in the foreground with LiveMatte enabled for it. I think someone else (Jef?) mentioned that notion in another one of these forums a week or two back.

I don't think LiveMatte would easily produce as nice a key as an 'real' alpha channel in the DSK, but with careful setting of tolerance and smoothing, you could probably get something usable enough.