PDA

View Full Version : Frame Cycling on Save and/or Render

devin
11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi,

I ran into a problem w/ a scene this eve. It's not overly complex. There are a few gears using channel follower, some straightforward channel animation, a few morphs, and one image used as a clip map on one object. The poly count for the scene is about 170k.

The problem is that when I try to save and/or render, the time slider begins to cycle through the frames as if I were building a preview. The OpenGL display does not change but the slider moves from beginning to end. When trying to render a sequence, it cycles through the frames and then errors out and crashes with "Not enough memory for clipping arrays". Anyone encountered this? I don't know if it's related but I removed the clip map but still receive the same error.

I'd really appreciate any insight. I need to bust this animation out first thing tomorrow (I'd planned on rendering overnight). :(

Thanks,
Devin

I'm using LW 9.3.1 on a Win XP SP2 machine btw though the same issue is occurring in 9.3 as well.

devin
11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Just a few additional notes:

I tried re-saving both the scene and the object animations to new files, trashing the configs, and opening the files on a different computer. Same issues.

devin
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Seems to be a corrupt scene file according to Newtek. Rebuilt as needed...