PDA

View Full Version : How to Freeze Frame?

The TuneHead
11-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I am a slick newbie to this video editing thing, but I'm starting to do more creative video for my church. We're using video to enhance certain announcements that need to be made on a weekly basis, and I had an idea for one, but . . . .

I have no idea how to take the video I'm using and create a freeze-frame effect. I'm not sure where to look in VT-5. I was also thinking I could take a section of video, razor it, then create a .jpg file of the frame at the moment of the cut, insert it and stretch it out for as long as I need it, then continue with the rest of the cut on the tail end.

Any suggestions? Again, realize that I am VERY new to this, and I've not used many effect features on VT-5 at all.

Take Care . God Bless . Rock On
Zach
The TuneHead

donny
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
You could use the HoldStill filter in the Effects>Video Effects folder.

chuckd
11-27-2007, 08:14 AM
There is also now a "still" button in the capture panel!

billmi
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
There is also now a "still" button in the capture panel!

That's for capturing a still frame and saving it to disk though, not freezing a live switcher feed.

wvp
12-03-2007, 05:44 AM
Zach, they are all correct.
You can use the capture still to dave a frame as jpg. BUt for editing just go intot the effects folder & put the hold still filter under the frame you want to freeze and then drag out however long you need.