PDA

View Full Version : Different colors for 'Record Output' and 'Stream Output' lights (TCPro, Studio?)

D3Cast
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Only because I was so fried switching these games over the weekend...

It would be great to change the standard (or customizable, but that's a little overkill) 'on' light for 'Stream Output' to green, or blue, or some non-red color. I meant to hit 'Record Output' on the TC (I was streaming from another box), and it was halfway through the game that I realized I had hit 'Stream Output' instead. I just saw the red light, and (I told you, my brain was fried) assumed all was well.

I *suppose* I could fuss with on.png in the \Skins200\BlackBoxDesktop\Live_Tab\Default\Normal directory (is that how I would do it?), but Danger lies that way, I bet.

Just a thought.

-steve

PIZAZZ
11-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I *suppose* I could fuss with on.png in the \Skins200\BlackBoxDesktop\Live_Tab\Default\Normal directory (is that how I would do it?), but Danger lies that way, I bet.

Just a thought.

-steve

That would be the one.... Steve you never leave anything stock do you?

I personally like the huge RED GLOW since it is similar to ON AIR red lights in a studio setup. Steve if you want to color it purple then by all means knock yourself out... Just change the On.png and you should be all happy go lucky.

Can't wait to see Steve's TriCaster next month. And we shall call it "Rainbow"

D3Cast
11-27-2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.d3cast.com/images/mynewdo.jpg

D3Cast
11-27-2007, 09:11 AM
All 2nd-grade photo editing skillz aside...

Jef, I *want* 'Record Output' to stay red when when lit. Red means more 'record' to me than 'on air', but I get your argument, too. But my synapses are wired to red=record. That was what hung me up -- I looked at the TC, saw a gleaming red light, and (harriedly) took comfort in the fact that I was recording. When in fact, I was merrily creating a pull stream (and not even writing it to disk, either!) that nobody was pulling. Sigh.

Anyway, my goofy diversion for the morning...

CreatvGnius
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
All 2nd-grade photo editing skillz aside...

Jef, I *want* 'Record Output' to stay red when when lit. Red means more 'record' to me than 'on air', but I get your argument, too...

If you don't mind, I think I have an idea for a decent compromise, Steve -- that might just work for you, while keeping the STREAM OUTPUT gadget red in color:

NewTek could make that STREAM OUTPUT button an enlongated, embossed red rectangle appropriately labeled "STREAM OUT(PUT)". :boogiedow How'zzat?
-PeterG

billmi
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM

Yes, but the danger is pretty minimal.
Be sure to make a backup copy of the file first, and you're in good shape. Doing something wrong here will just mean that the graphics are funky (and possibly not visible) when the control is in the "on" state. A mistake can be easily fixed by copying the backup of the image to the name on.png.