PDA

View Full Version : Replase Files In Ted

Ernie
07-04-2003, 04:37 PM
HI THERE!!!! (Sorry for my Engl.)
I HAVE VERY INTERESTING QUE. :-)))) - HOW TO REPLACE SOME REMOVED FILES TO OTHER BIN(files on timeline with red color) WITH NEW FILES IN NEW BIN? Where it funktion? I can't find how to do it!?!?!?!?!? All professional editing programms has it ability/ EVEN ADOBE PREMIERE & AFTEREFFECTS can replace or locate video with new place!!! UNDERSTAND? HOW! HOW! HOW!!!!! I'M SO ANGRY WITH YOU!!!

SBowie
07-04-2003, 09:29 PM
In T[2], the only way to do this is to manually use the ALT-drag 'n Drop method to invoke 'clip inherit.' You have to drop each clip from it's new location onto the corresponding clip in the project. (You can reportedly map the new location to the old path using Windows, but I haven't done that so can't help you...)

Ernie
07-06-2003, 10:11 AM
.....you are not all understand, well, for example - I open some old (very old) project, wich i already forgot - when and how I made it. TED[2] half part of files already loose. SO!!!! IF i CAN SEE THE WAY - WHERE FILES(on timefine) WAS LOCATED , .... of course, then I can (using Windows explorer) take my old source file, adn locate it on the place were it WAS!!!!! THEN i JUST CLOSE AND OPEN PROJEKT, AND ALL BE FINE!!! $-))) BUT, %-(((( I CAN'T SEE THE WAY OF ANY CUTS FROM TIMELINE TO SOURCES!!!!! WHERE IS PROPERTIES OF CUT FILES ON TIMELINE!?!?!?!?!

SBowie
07-06-2003, 12:35 PM
You're right, I'm having a hard time to understand your English translation. Nevertheless, if you have the old T[2] TEdit project file, when you re-load it, missing clips will show up on the timeline outlined in red. You can read the original path using Edit Properties, then restore the clip to the original location using Windows as you seem to want to do.

Hope that helps...

tmon
07-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I certainly do agree that there SHOULD be an easier way to find the files that are used by the project though.

RomainR
08-02-2003, 09:16 AM
With VT[3] this task is soooooo much easier. The spreadsheet allows you to see the full path. The best part is that you can select multiple clips and change the path for all of them at once.