PDA

View Full Version : problem viewing my rendered files

hack4lk
07-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Hello, I am a new LightWave 7 user and have rencently encountered a big problem...when i render my scenes the computer (pc) saves them as .file type files and no program can read these rendered files....please help...thank you.

riki
07-04-2003, 08:56 PM
What kind of files are you saving them as?? What kind of application are you trying to view them in??

Try saving them as '.psd' and opening in Photoshop.

hack4lk
07-04-2003, 09:23 PM
I tried all kind of formats including tiff, jpeg and psd...and tried to open them in photoshop but photoshop says that it doesn't recognize the format.

riki
07-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Mmm seems a bit strange??? What version photoshop? Do you add the correct file extensions? Do the files display the correct icon for the file type? What is the exact error message? Are you saving files from the Preview window or using the Render Options Panel approach? Or are you using PSDExport (PS v7 only)?

Also try saving as a jpg and dropping it on your browser window, just as a test.

riki
07-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Just another thought, are you using the full version of LW or Education version? Also try rescaning your plugin directory.

07-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Describe to us EXACTLY what you are setting in the rendering options panel, 'cause odds-on its your settings, not LW, thats causing the problem !

toby
07-05-2003, 04:26 PM
if everything is getting labeled ".file" isn't it a system problem?