PDA

View Full Version : Good animation compiler sought.

Dave5158
11-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I have just purchased a new computer and now find that the program I used to use, JASC's Animation Shop that came with Paintshoppro, does not seem to work well with Vista. I would be interested to what programs others use.

I'm still messing about with the supplied example scenes and some from old Amiga CDs. Rightly or wrongly; I prefer to render scenes in .TGA format and then compile them in to an AVI file.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dave.

Sande
11-25-2007, 02:33 PM
It's usually smart to output animations to frames. You can use LightWave itself to encode your individual frames to AVI-animation - just load your frames to LightWave as a image sequence, then use that sequence as a backdrop and finally render to AVI. You can even do some light post processing in Image Editor for your frame sequence.

Exception
11-25-2007, 04:01 PM
VirtualDub is a great toolkit for AVI's. It does everything you would want in simple avi editing, like clipping a movie, changing codeds, changing size, fielding, adding or changing sound, some filters and is very fast. It's definately free and small so give it a go.

Lightwolf
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
VirtualDub is a great toolkit for AVI's.
Quoted for agreement. One of those "swiss army knife" type tools you should always have available.
http://www.virtualdub.org is the link btw.

Cheers,
Mike

Sande
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
VirtualDub is ... very fast.
Yep, very fast - just scrubbing through the timeline is at least 10 times faster than, for example, After Effects with 720p video.