PDA

View Full Version : Speededit 1.5 Issues need Help

northerndesign
11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Well so far I have seen very little difference with 1.5 from previous.

One issue I have is that the Toolshed does not seem to work always. If you select one or even a whole bunch of clips and try to change the Quality level the tool shed does nothing.

Does this have anything to do with the fact I'm working with Speededit HQ format files?

Still wish there was more control when capturing. Like which format to important or which audio channel you wanted to import. When I record VO to use with segments it captures both channel of audio and video using up harddrive space on my laptop that is much needed.

Thanks All!

ScorpioProd
11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Still wish there was more control when capturing. Like which format to important or which audio channel you wanted to import. When I record VO to use with segments it captures both channel of audio and video using up harddrive space on my laptop that is much needed.

Thanks All!
That's because you are doing it wrong. :)

If you are looking to capture VO, use the Voice Over tool, NOT Capture.

Capture is very limited, but that's because it is important to remember what Capture does. ALL it does is TRANSFER DV/HDV streams from a camcorder or deck to your computer, a simple data transfer, NOT a digitizing or anything like that. Therefore, it would be impossible for it not to capture the audio channels and video together, since they are all in the same stream. That's the same reason you can't capture to another format, that would involve a lot more than just a transfer of data. Again, not something that SpeedEDIT's capture is intended to do.

SpeedEDIT's capture is only meant to work with simple DV/HDV work, that's why it doesn't have more advanced features like batch capture, time lapse, or timed recording modes and such.

UnCommonGrafx
11-27-2007, 06:03 AM
And yes, something is amiss in how ToolShed works.

To check: turn on chromakey, or anything but color correction, save it with a toolshed and then perform it.
Now, save another that just has that turned off and perform it on another clip. Doesn't turn off the check mark on chromakey nor does it clear the settings on the video.
If it works for you, try it with two or more things checked. ToolShed won't clear settings as intended.