PDA

View Full Version : hehe time to switch to windows.

Stooch
11-24-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/2007/11/22/more_leopard_problems_plague_apple/

eblu
11-24-2007, 08:56 PM
anybody out there have a roach motel? the last one we set up in here must be full.

seriously, I read that article, and its bad, really bad... the biased apple bashing writer suggests that Leopard has a few bugs that make it as bad as windows.

boy, were that the case, I'd go get a broom and take a job in sanitation.

stooch, go use windows, be happy, and try to understand this: nobody cares what you think is better, they simply want to live their lives according to their own preferences.

Stooch
11-24-2007, 09:07 PM
and try to understand this: nobody cares what you think is better, they simply want to live their lives according to their own preferences.

so why did you reply with so much hate then? limp wrists shaking with anger? Im just doing people a favor and preventing headaches for those that may not be aware of the problems before upgrading. Biased or not, there are problems with the update, so i deserve an apology and a thank you.

RonGC
11-24-2007, 10:37 PM
No problems with my upgrade:thumbsup:

Ron

meshpig
11-24-2007, 11:56 PM
I just installed Leopard yesterday. It flies and only needed one version update and the joke is I have windows too.

I used to ride motorcycles and the same contest arose between Japanese and European bikes as between PC and Mac. My last 2 bikes were an RZ 500 v-4 stroker which could blow any Ferrari to the weeds, and a Ducati 900 for the pleasure of passing traffic in 3rd gear on long trips.

As to which was better... easy, the Ducati of course.

M

meshpig
11-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Sorry, an RZ 500 is a Yamaha (Japanese).

M

loki74
11-25-2007, 08:58 AM
hehe time to switch to windows.

You amaze me. Honestly.

You seriously don't have anything better you could be doing? Why do you care whether or not we use Macs? I'm happy with my machines, and it will take a lot more than this to make me switch back to windows.

...how is that harming you? Why do you care? Are you truly that insecure?

kopperdrake
11-25-2007, 09:56 AM
No problems with Leopard here on a G5 and two Intels.

No problems with XP Pro on the PCs.

Guess I must just be lucky.

aperezg
11-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Only compare the problems in Windows Vista and in leopard , I think mac is a better choice.

Windows is down, mac is growing

j__
11-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah you showed us the light. You really are da man Stooch. Windows like rulllllllllez0rz duuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

:)

Partly out of curiosity, I recently installed Windows XP on one machine with Boot Camp, I was well...reminded in gory up close detail about what a shocking tub of dog sh__ XP is.

I'm not saying Windows can't be functional though, ..within limits; if you put everything out of your mind and pretend it doesn't exist, or pretend you don't know any better and that you're as stupid as everyone else who thinks it's just the bees knees but sometimes that's not always possible or desirable.

Difficult to see how plucking articles off the internet from PC enthusiast sites suddenly transforms Windows into something else.

"Apple is the least forthcoming software and hardware vendor I know of, they meet every valid complaint on their forums with extreme prejudice, topic locking and even user bans."

It's possible Apple have had their share of hardware problems, faulty components and so on, a number of users have been disappointed with various equipment and have had to get replacement units etc. And look I'm no mad uncritical Apple fan, but I think we have to say overall these things are in balance, still, a relatively, and I stress relatively as it's not much fun if you've had to get equipment replaced, a small price to pay for having normally a usable, sophisticated, very stable, enjoyable, generally very well designed (with some caveats but at least compared to windows), uplifting and intelligent experience conducive to creative work and well established in the creative fields compared to the sad goopy buggy pug-ugly, unstable, insecure spotty snotty yukky plebian spectacle of Windows accompanied by the usually embarrassingly awful looking PC design (even at the 'high end') that appeals to goodness knows who.

"I've tried through several means to get some feedback from them regarding some QuickTime and RAID issues on Windows, but I've had no luck and several closed topic."

What have Apple got to do with RAID issues on Windows ?

To turn this into a serious topic for a second, the only issue relevant to Lightwave users on the Mac is one of performance and because this is quite a significant one, that's probably come up before, I will put it in a new thread as I would be quite interested, as I'm sure others would to hear what Chilton etc may have to say....

Sande
11-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Heh, another month, another trolling attempt by Stooch. You really do seem to have issues with Macs... ;)

Just relax and enjoy your OS - I know I do. :)

EDIT: Heh, by accident as I posted this my iTunes began to play the Bond theme From Russia with Love... Scary.

j__
11-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok I was just having a bit of fun with the participants here, I thought it was just a light hearted thread Mac vs Windows, I wasn't taking it particularly seriously and thought no one else was either, sorry if I offended anyone. But if you are selecting equipment for your own larger business premises then it could be a bit different, so yes I understand that.

I know what you mean. The way I look at is, things like the case are part of the overall Apple experience, and they predominantly really are a hardware manufacturer. And I think Apple have done pretty well at coming up with an overall package, it's not perfect and faults certainly do happen.

Yeah Apple have sometimes wiped out posts on their forums, which I think is very wrong. It's happened to me too years ago, and they eventually apologized for it, Apple should be able to communicate with users about these problems.

RonGC
11-25-2007, 12:12 PM
No amount of anti-Mac fanaticism posted on any forum, blog etc. will cause me to change from Mac to Windows, ain't gonna happen.:thumbsup:

Ron

Stooch
11-25-2007, 12:47 PM
You amaze me. Honestly.

You seriously don't have anything better you could be doing? Why do you care whether or not we use Macs? I'm happy with my machines, and it will take a lot more than this to make me switch back to windows.

...how is that harming you? Why do you care? Are you truly that insecure?

lol. you know there are alot of posts here already, alot of them bitching at me as if im the one with all the personal problems. but its funny, im not the one bitching at anyone. i am laughing at the enthusiastic responses as always though. haha. its just an os. relax.

funniest part is that the "biased" article writer that i linked to, is a mac user. lol.

Stooch
11-25-2007, 12:55 PM
You really are da man Stooch.

I know.

Stooch
11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
lol. you know there are alot of posts here already, alot of them bitching at me as if im the one with all the personal problems.

actually ill take that back, so far its pretty light hearted. nice! finally all my efforts are paying off. this used to be literally like dipping your balls into a pool full of pihrannahs and now after my persistent but highly effective social engineering, this is a pretty tame section of the forum as far as fanaticism is concerned :)

sweet! time to work on the lux forums lol.

loki74
11-25-2007, 01:00 PM
lol. you know there are alot of posts here already, alot of them bitching at me as if im the one with all the personal problems. but its funny, im not the one bitching at anyone. i am laughing at the enthusiastic responses as always though. haha. its just an os. relax.

funniest part is that the "biased" article writer that i linked to, is a mac user. lol.

as far as this thread goes, I think I slid in before most of the b!tching started? Meh, didn't really read over all of it though (this thread that is, not the article).

Dude, nobody is denying that Apple products have problems. Don't even get me started on iTunes. So no, I'm not saying anything about bias.

alot of them bitching at me as if im the one with all the personal problems. ... i am laughing at the enthusiastic responses as always though. ... its just an os. relax.

Let me get this straight. You take the time to post in a forum dedicated to a product you don't use or care about (because it is just an OS, after all)... for what reason, exactly? To laugh at people defending the product they use? In that case, I'd say, yeah, you probably have some personal problems. If that isn't the case, well, that would imply that you do, in fact, care about Mac and the fact that we use MacOS, which seems to run contrary to your statement above... hmm.

Stooch
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Let me get this straight. You take the time to post in a forum dedicated to a product you don't use or care about (because it is just an OS, after all)... for what reason, exactly? To laugh at people defending the product they use? In that case, I'd say, yeah, you probably have some personal problems. If that isn't the case, well, that would imply that you do, in fact, care about Mac and the fact that we use MacOS, which seems to run contrary to your statement above... hmm.

posts like yours keep me coming back! lol.

I use macs when i have to. btw. keep up those ASSumptions.

parm
11-25-2007, 01:21 PM
hehe time to switch to windows.

OK. I'll switch to windows. if you do what you said here:

dipping your balls into a pool full of pihrannahs

Stooch
11-25-2007, 01:22 PM
wow, speaking about personal issues... you would want to see someones scrotum being mauled in order to switch os?

I dont care about what OS you use btw.

parm
11-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Who's OS do you care about then?

Ztreem
11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Secondly, Apple made QuickTime and their trash software rapes certain RAID volumes under Windows. That's what they've got to do with it!

Maybe you should test QT-Lite, I use it and it works fine for me. I can't stand using Quicktime from Apple.

loki74
11-25-2007, 02:20 PM
posts like yours keep me coming back! lol.

I use macs when i have to. btw. keep up those ASSumptions.

ASSumptions? That might have been funny... in 7th grade... XD

But I'm afraid that this is not a matter of assumption, merely a matter of clarification. You don't seem to be making a whole lot of sense here.

What, precisely, is the reason you love coming here are ripping on Mac? That's all I want to know.

Ztreem
11-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I use VLC for mov files on my harddrive and QT Lite for playing mov files on web pages. No Apple **** needed. :D

Hopper
11-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I used to hate macs - for good reason at the time, but nowadays I'm indifferent on the subject. Whatever gets the job done. The OS is a UNIX core and now runs on Intel, so just for fun, I run both at the same time on the same box. I can run Leopard and Vista in a VM (which is infinitely faster in a VM than running on its own for some reason). And yes, I can run two instances of LW - one in each OS.

So now I can hate each OS equally, but for those of you that REALLY hate Vista... this ones for you. :D

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/857874/vista_true_info/

So, shall we move on to Ford vs. Chevy? - Democrats vs. Republicans? - Abortion vs. Pro-Life perhaps?

Stooch
11-25-2007, 04:47 PM
ASSumptions? That might have been funny... in 7th grade... XD

But I'm afraid that this is not a matter of assumption, merely a matter of clarification. You don't seem to be making a whole lot of sense here.

What, precisely, is the reason you love coming here are ripping on Mac? That's all I want to know.

you are the reason. people like you see me posting an article that points out flaws with mac os and you immediatelly start to attack me personally because YOU dont like to see bad things + your beloved mac. i did not rip on macs, i merely pointed to an article and made an obvious joke. (you really think i expect people to switch????)

so rather than being mature about it, your inner child immediatelly acts out. you need me to justify myself if i say anything remotely negative about macs (which i didnt).

like i said, this forum section has greatly improved in this knee jerk reaction, which was my intention all along. its a funny social experiment of sorts. lol.

think about this for a second. apple is currently aggressively ripping on pc users and pcs in general in their marketing while delivering OS with an alarming amount of hypocrisy yet its widely accepted as mere jest. so why not extend me the same kind of attitude?

RonGC
11-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Stooch we are well aware of the short comings of Mac OSX, we use it all the time. We are aware of many problems that you do not know about as well, things that pop up in daily use.

Your input as a non Mac user is really not needed to point them out to us. We choose to use OSX and Macs because for us the pros out way the cons, plain and simple.:thumbsup:

Ron

loki74
11-25-2007, 05:55 PM
you are the reason. people like you see me posting an article that points out flaws with mac os and you immediatelly start to attack me personally

Uh, I've yet to attack you personally. I'm just trying to figure out your behavior.

because YOU dont like to see bad things + your beloved mac. i did not rip on macs, i merely pointed to an article and made an obvious joke. (you really think i expect people to switch????)

I don't like to see bad things? Who does? And believe me, I've seen my fair share of bad things from Apple without your help. I personally think that Apple's attitude is very arrogant, stuck up, and frankly annoying. It just happens to be the case that I pull out much less hair much less frequently using their product...

And let's not split hairs here--taking into account your running history, it's clear you have a very strong dislike for Mac and MacOS. Perhaps "rip on" was not the most precise phrase to use, but I will maintain that it is appropriate.

so rather than being mature about it, your inner child immediatelly acts out. you need me to justify myself if i say anything remotely negative about macs (which i didnt).

Hey, I'm not asking you to justify sh!t. If the complaints are valid, they are valid. If you notice, I haven't even addressed the contents of the article you point out, for one simple reason--I've yet to upgrade (for the exact reasons the author of your article points out. Seldom, I think, are OS's truly ready on first release...) and therefore am not qualified to speak on the subject.

I just really think that this is a waste of your time. Clearly, you're not trying to "convert" anyone, and by the sound of it, you're doing this for your entertainment. So, you post something you'll know will get a reaction, just so that you can derive pleasure from that reaction?

I don't think that makes you any more mature than the knee-jerk folks you speak of... I mean, you've pretty much just confessed to flame-baiting.

As far as Apple's marketing strategy, I honestly haven't been monitoring it, nor do I care about it. Like I said, they may be a**holes at times, but their product suits my needs the best.

Darth Mole
11-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Surely the biggest 'inner child' here is yours Stooch. Honestly, get a hobby or read a book if you're that bored.