PDA

View Full Version : Soft FX not showing up at render time

Sonitrolio
11-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I was following this Tutorial (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Trial/Videos/FurDisplacement.mov) and thought that I might apply some soft fx to the displaced sphere and spin it just to see what it would look like. I got the soft fx setup and working to my satisfaction, but when I hit render the deformation doesn't show up. If I scrub frames it is there, but it won't render. Any suggestions? :help:

Sonitrolio
11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Some additional information: I am running 9.3 on Windows XP Home.

ivanze
11-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I think you should use Save Motion in SoftFX/File Tab after you calculate the motion.

Sonitrolio
11-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Ivanze, I tried that and it did not work, but I think that I figured out what the problem is. The FX is calculated at the display subdivision level and not at the render subdivision level, thus it won't show at render time. I am investigating this now and will post what I find for anyone else who might run into this.

Sekhar
11-24-2007, 07:24 PM
I ran into this with HardFX and the solution was to either set display and render subpatch levels the same or have subd order set to last.

Sonitrolio
12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I ran into this with HardFX and the solution was to either set display and render subpatch levels the same or have subd order set to last.

I did not try the subd order trick because changing the subd level fixed the problem. I will try changing the order next time. Thanks for the help.