PDA

View Full Version : Why Parent Layers In Modeler?

Giacomo99
11-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Hello-

I've been experimenting with parenting one layer of an object in Modeler to another layer of that same object.

I assumed that when I brought the object into Layout, the hierarchy I set up in Modeler would be preserved--but it's not.

My question, then is: what good is parenting layers in Modeler? It doesn't seem to have any use at all. Please advise.

Giacomo99
11-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Never mind--the parenting does carry over to Layout. (The object had a lot of layers and it was hard to tell.)

Giacomo99
11-23-2007, 01:25 PM
No, even weirder. The model came in with the hierarchy completely flattened--I closed the Scene Editor and re-opened it, and the hierarchy was displayed correctly.

Weetos
11-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Scene Editor has an option that allows you to flatten your hierarchies (button next to the 'hide' button, at the top of the object list) - Make sure you haven't clicked on it by accident

iconoclasty
11-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't know if it's been fixed yet, but the scene editor had been having problems where it wasn't showing everything accurately. Kind of like it wouldn't update changes properly but closing scene editor and opening it again always seemed to fix it.

Giacomo99
11-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't know if it's been fixed yet, but the scene editor had been having problems where it wasn't showing everything accurately. Kind of like it wouldn't update changes properly but closing scene editor and opening it again always seemed to fix it.

Yeah, I noticed that. This is like not being able to open a LW file by double-clicking its icon anymore--i.e, supremely annoying and something that should've been fixed long ago.