PDA

View Full Version : VT3 nightmares

David Sisson
11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
:vticon: Lately I have been having major problems out of my VT3. It all started a few months ago when my system drive crashed. Then it would not except the nvidia driver upgrade. I still have to use the old driver. Then I kept getting a message in the vt-vision stating no video signal driver lockup. I couldn't see my vt-edit video unless I set the vt-vision on preview. pgm and main would give me the signal error. I would uninstall and reinstall to fix it for a while. Now I can't get the VT3 to uninstall. The 4909 patch uninstalled with a skinage issue but finally did uninstall but I can't get the 4744 to unistall. It will get to skinage and stop with a error message.

ted
11-23-2007, 10:14 AM
From the sounds of things, it might be worth paying someone to completely format and re-install your OS. Someone who does this often can get things running smoothly. Get all the drivers updated how you want.
Then, step by step start installation over. This might be a good time to upgrade to at least 4.6.

David Sisson
11-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Can I download the newtekrtme.dll from newtek's site? When I load everything and try to launch the VT3 that's what it says it can't find.

Paul Lara
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Can I download the newtekrtme.dll from newtek's site?

No.

UnCommonGrafx
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Gotta ask: have you called customer service for some tips?
You need some help where words won't be adequate. You've described some pretty bizarre behavior. I've had to do the same and it hasn't been anything like what you describe.

A few thoughts on your problem:
- You may need to back up to VT2, install, then update to VT3;
- Make sure you are installing from the original disks;
- IF you haven't done a search for this missing file, do so. When you find it on your system, note it's location as compared to the error screen;
- Call customer service;
- Asking for such a file prompts me to ask: whose VT is it?

G'Luck!

David Sisson
12-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I bought the VT3 from Matt Drabick at Digitek in Raleigh NC back in 2004. I have contacted him. I will take the Monster computer in for him to check out the VT card it's self. He feels the card might be bad. I just have to get the time to drive to Raleigh. Thanks for everyone's help