PDA

View Full Version : DiscreetFX's Black Friday Sale Specials are now online!

DiscreetFX
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
DiscreetFX's Black Friday Sale Specials are now online!

http://www.discreetfx.com/BlackFriday.html

More detailed product information is available from the following page.

http://www.discreetfx.com/Products.html

Have a great shopping day at DiscreetFX and/or other shops/stores. There are some great deals available everywhere.

iainbyoung
11-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Are the FX available in PAL as well as NTSC? The reason I ask is the Halloween freebie I downloaded the other day only works with NTSC projects, (which isn't much use to me here in the UK).

DiscreetFX
11-25-2007, 11:30 AM
We have not gotten that many requests for PAL effects I'm afraid so they are NTSC only at the moment. If we get a bunch of interest from PAL customers we would be glad to revisit this.

FYI Everyone

Black Friday Specials end @ the stroke of Midnight on November 25th, 2007 and prices go back up.

iainbyoung
11-26-2007, 02:34 AM
That's a shame. It's one of the reasons I'm thinking of dropping speededit and going back to Premiere. There just isn't much support out there for us PAL users with this product :(

DiscreetFX
11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
NewTek has made is easier for developers to support PAL users with SpeedEDIT. So if there is not enough support from 3rd parties it is not NewTek's fault, it is the fault of demand and or 3rd party developers.

iainbyoung
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
I never said it was the fault of Newtek, however they must share some of the blame for not promoting it over here (and so not generating the necessary interest).

As a consumer I don't really care who's fault it is. All I can see is the NTSC users with loads of resources / effects etc, and us UK users having almost nothing. I guess I should have investigated further before buying SpeedEdit, as I am regretting the decision at the moment...

DiscreetFX
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I hope SpeedEDIT sells really well in PAL country's iainbyoung. It is still a new application and has only been around about one year. I think in time the market for SpeedEDIT will grow and grow.