PDA

View Full Version : Histogram for use with Brightness/Gamma Controls in TriCaster STUDIO™?

CreatvGnius
11-22-2007, 11:54 AM
It might well be a useful thing to have an histogram inside the CONTROLS > MASTER COLOR panel within the TriCaster STUDIO™ Editor -- as this should aid the user with a more visually compelling view of what's going on with the image, when adjusting the gamma & brightness gadgets.

At least I suspect it would be a great thing to have. :hey:

PeterG

SBowie
11-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Just to mention it, Peter (not to quibble) - you have fairly similar functionality via the interactive Waveform-Y panel in the Master Color tab of the Control Tree.

CreatvGnius
11-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Just to mention it, Peter (not to quibble) - you have fairly similar functionality via the interactive Waveform-Y panel in the Master Color tab of the Control Tree.

Yah. That's true Stever -
Only, I'd like to suggest that one can more readily see the "smoothness" (or not) of the curve from dark values to light values with a histogram, since it does so on a left-to right continuum. Maybe it's just me. :hey:
-PeterG

SBowie
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Sure, they're not the same of course ... and the waveform only provides the equivalent of two nodes, which is a bit limiting ... just a practical suggestion, fwiw. :)