PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Loader support apparently dropped

Parthius
11-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I documented a bug with vertex loader (part of vertex paint) to Newtek Technical support. Here is their response:

"Roger,

Engineering has not mentioned anything about an update in the works.
The people who created Vertex Loader will need to update it for version
9."

They aren't willing or able to say whether they meant to support it (it is necessary to paint weights using bones used in Layout, so it is kind of important if they want to be competitive with other packages). They aren't willing to suggest any work a-rounds. They show no interest in taking ownership of the issue ("the people who created... will need to update it") despite the fact that it is a documented feature for LW9 (with the implication that Newtek is responsible for it!)

And BTW, my name is not Roger. If Newtek has a campaign to encourage dedicated users to migrate to other packages, I think they have found a successful strategy!

Dodgy
11-21-2007, 05:06 PM
It was created by dstorm. The way to work around it is to export your scene in lw6 format and use that. I use that and then use the Load bones from the dstorm site.
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/bone.htm

Parthius
11-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Dodgy. A shame that Newtek wouldn't or couldn't supply useful information. More integrated, better supported packages are looking more and more appealing (and more and more worth the investment)...