PDA

View Full Version : LW to > FBX!!

khalid
11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
does any one know if I can export LW to an FBX file, at least the camera settings... again what I need to know if there is an exporting plugin that will alow you to export from LW scene files to FBX, and that would work with Motion builder, or Maya!!

thanks guys ;)
k

voriax
11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
This page has a link to the FBX exporter for LW. I'm not sure what, if any, camera settings are kept in the export.

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/HOWTO-importObjectLightwave.html

Good luck :)

Captain Obvious
11-21-2007, 04:22 PM
It's a horrible work-around to say the least, but you can load up a sequence of keyframes from a Lightwave Motion file (.mot) into modo, using Gwynne's script, and then save the scene as FBX. It might work, in case the exporter doesn't. modo cannot, at the moment, load Lightwave camera properties, but most of them translate really well across. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you must set the Film Height in modo to whatever the Aperture Height is in Lightwave and the Film Width in modo to the Film Height multiplied by the aspect ratio of the resolution.

robpowers3d
11-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes the Lightwave FBX export plugin allows you to include lights and camera in the export. If the camera has any motion plugins or targeting you would need to bake out it's motion prior to export.

khalid
11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
thanks guys-!! you have all bean just Great-!! :)

now I just have to test it...

good old LW community... Thanks :)