PDA

View Full Version : Timeline freezes on playback in VT5

txishvn
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Got VT5 installed. Every time I bring a clip into the timeline in SpeedEdit, my whole system either locks up as it conforms or locks up when I hit the space bar to playback. Any ideas?

SteelPicR
11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Did you uninstall your previous version of VT before installing VT5? I've tried multiple layers of rtv's and avi files with audio and everything is good in that department. Even seems to be a little peppier than VT4.

txishvn
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
At first I installed without uninstalling VT4, or my coworker did. So we uninstalled everything, and reinstalled VT5. It did it all times. The only thing I can think is I uninstalled everything that was already there except some driver files for VT that was listed. I didn't do all the original installs so I figured those needed to stay.

ted
11-20-2007, 09:26 PM
You left out an important part of the equasion...what type of clip, i.e. QT, .rtv, .avi etc.?
Me thinks you should do a complete un-re-install removing all old VT data and don't forget to re-start after un-installing.

txishvn
11-26-2007, 09:25 AM
The clips were stuff I captured using VT4, with the NT25 codec. The only thing I didn't do when I uninstalled VT4 was I didn't uninstall the Newtek SD Driver and New Tek SpeedHQ Video Codec because i wasn't sure if they were needed. I didn't set any of this up so I wasn't sure what was needed by the hardware and what was installed with the software.