PDA

View Full Version : VT 5 Sound Problems

badllarma
11-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Ok just installed my new VT 5 software
PC is running XP SP2
Right the problem is even thought the VT card is found for sound / voice recording it is not show under Sound Playback. The VT card is one from VT 2 and has a SX 8 attached which the VT 5.0 is seeing no problems so it seems to be a windows issue rather than a hardware one????

So to recap
Under the Control panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio tab

NO VT device shown for sound play back
BUT VT Audios IS shown for Sound Recording on the drop down menu.

Any one any ideas???

Blaine Holm
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
the audio driver for windows was taken out, you should enable your o-board sound for your Window's sounds.

robewil
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
John Perkins mentioned that Newtek no longer recommends using the VT card as the Windows sound card. Are you having any sound problems when running the VT[5] software?

Edit: Blaine beat me to it.

badllarma
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
cheers guys always done it thought the VT that all, I take it it will work fine feeding sound in and out of the sx 8 ?

tvondrell
12-03-2007, 08:08 AM
John Perkins mentioned that Newtek no longer recommends using the VT card as the Windows sound card. Are you having any sound problems when running the VT[5] software?

Edit: Blaine beat me to it.

Why o Why?!! "Improvements" that go backwards are very annoying. So now I need to crawl around to the back of my VT whenever I want sound from anything but?!! Sure, that's awesome! Get me a little exercise in, it was just to easy and convenient to press play and hear sound.

Blaine Holm
12-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Most NLE's that have separate hardware for audio do not have Windows drivers for the audio portion. EDIUS NX, AVID w/ MOJO, Matrox AXIO, etc, work this way.

So, all you have to do is put a pair of computer speakers on your computer’s sound output and you have your Window’s sounds.

There is even a way to route the computer sound though you AUX VT input if you have a SX-84, but why?

tmon
12-06-2007, 03:28 AM
Looks like this is being discussed in multiple places....

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76463

Since there are some instances where one may not have any slots left for a second audio card, and/or be using a server board without on-board audio, maybe I'll start a thread for those like myself who are currently in the market for an external USB audio interface...

tmon
12-06-2007, 03:54 AM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=627001#post627001

John Perkins
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Although it is not recommended, you can install the Windows audio drivers for the VT card from the Extras folder on the DVD. This is for Windows XP only.

Not using them improves reliability because we are able to stop the rtme service when it is not in use. With the audio drivers installed it is always in use by Windows and partially out of our control.

If a Windows sound card is an option, I highly recommend it.

UnCommonGrafx
12-07-2007, 04:36 AM
There's a reason for me to accept the one step back... It gives us 5 steps forward.

I like that one can actually have rtme killed. And it will stay dead.
Still no VT5 installed; picked it up from ups yesterday. Should be interesting...

ScorpioProd
12-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, having RTME being able to stay dead is a good thing.

Please do tell us what you think of VT[5] once you have it going, Robert.

bojanpop
07-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Our television use VT[5] for broadcasting.Very often we have
problems with mpeg-s because VT[5] does not confirming audio in play mode.So,
when VT[5] is in play mode and we add some mpeg2 file in the list
we never know whether we will have audio or not. It depends of (is audio AC3/AAC,or MPEG1 layer II, PCM). If it is AC3/AAC we do not hear audio because VT(5) has to confirm that file and it does not confirming audio in play mode.Is there option to turn on confirming files while VT(5) is in play mode.