PDA

View Full Version : Installing VT5 (uninstall old version wt LW?)

JReble
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
What's the dealio? The paperwork with VT5 says I must remove any old VT software before installing, but I understand Lightwave is not included with VT5. I have no intention of blowing out my Lightwave installation from VT2-VT4, so how do I install VT5?? :2guns:

JReble
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Ah, I see the new disk has LW 8.5 on it. Then how about my other two upgrades? I've only got one set of disks and one serial number. Anyone heard if one set can be registered to three cards if we paid for the upgrades.

ted
11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey J, I'm fairly confident yes, you just need the additional activation #'s.

txishvn
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Just got my VT5 today. Installed it. Having all sorts of issues. Freezing while conformingfiles in edit. Pulled up my switching desktop that is saved and after loading the switcher is says there is an error. Click on the procamp tab and VT5 shuts down. What can be the prob. I see it says to unistall any old versions of VT. My copy didn't have any install instructions with it so I just installed VT5 without uninstalling VT4 first. Do I need to do this?

Scott Bates
11-19-2007, 07:47 PM
There are software installation instructions in the first few pages of the manual you should have gotten, they specify uninstalling any previous versions first. I did it that way and had no problems.

Was your saved switching desktop one that you had set up and saved in VT4? If so there may be enough differences in the modules and related code to cause problems. I'm rebuilding my previously saved desktops from scratch as I need them and they've all worked fine.

Just my thoughts....

txishvn
11-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I let one of my newbs do the install and so she didn't read that obviously. I'll uninstall 5, then 4, then reinstall 5 and create a new desktop and see if that helps.

Rich Deustachio
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Also look for any previous updates of VT4 sometimes they are still on there in the uninstall list. I did a full uninstall of all VT4 versions listed and VT5 installed without a hitch.