PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Nightmare, please help:S

DaveLEWIS
11-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi,

I have turned my hand to rigging in Layout rather than using skellegons from Modeler. I successfully rigged a character, for which I was mighty pleased with myself:P

Now, I have taken that same rig and brought it into another character as separate hierarchy's in the .rig format. Everything was going just fine until I tried to deform the weight maps in the hand.

Please see the image attached.

For some reason, the fingers don't conform to the finger bones. I have the weight maps and parenting applied. Can anyone please show me the error of my ways?

DaveLEWIS

WCameron
11-17-2007, 01:31 PM
all i can think off off the top of my head is:
did you rest the bones? and Double check the weightmap to bone mapping perhaps....

- Will.

SplineGod
11-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Select all the bones and hit the r key as WCameron said. :)

DaveLEWIS
11-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi WCameron,

Thank you,

Yes I have rested the bones. It's strange, when I turn on or rest the finger bones, the whole of the finger/s suddenly shrink and receed back to the base of the finger.

DaveLEWIS

DaveLEWIS
11-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Larry,

Thank you,

I only saw your post after my last post, sorry.

I tried resting the bones again, but same result. It's just strange. I have been hitting brick walls all day with Layout rigging, but have always come up with a solution until this.

DaveLEWIS

SplineGod
11-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Did you rest all the bones or just the hand bones?
And if you have any weight maps on the hand are the proper bones assigned?
Also you can send me the rig if you want. :)

Cageman
11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Make sure you select all joints and deactivate them before resting them. By deactivating them the mesh should snap back into it's original "pose". Then you simply select all bones and rest them.

DaveLEWIS
11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Thank you Larry, you have solved my problem. I had scaled the finger bones initially.

Thank you Cageman:)

DaveLEWIS