PDA

View Full Version : Safari as a Windows Browser?

ShawnStovall
11-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Just kinda curious... what do you guys think about it? Have you had any problems? I've been using it for the past few weeks and find it to be the best browser I have ever used. But I have also heard a good number of complaints about it also. Do you think it has a viable future in Windows?

Wow... I've been gone for quite some time....

Silkrooster
11-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Not bad for the little I tried it. The only complaint I could find is the lack of a cache at least for swf files anyways. Not sure if it is lacking or turned off by default. But this could really rack up bandwidth for web sites.
Silk

ShawnStovall
11-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I was having problems the 3.0.3 Beta, but after getting the 3.0.4 beta I'm finding it to be a very fast, true-to-code, and reliable.

Phil
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd use it on Mac except there's no built-in equivalent to FlashBlock and AdBlock. That's mighty annoying.

Steamthrower
11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I use it only for web testing. I just like Firefox. And if I wasn't to use Firefox, I'd probably pick Opera.

Scazzino
11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I'd use it on Mac except there's no built-in equivalent to FlashBlock and AdBlock. That's mighty annoying.

I use an adblocking hosts file (http://dreamlight.com/insights/bugs/Apple/lookupd.html), which kills most ads that run from typical third-party ad servers...

:hey: