PDA

View Full Version : vue and LWSN

Andyjaggy
11-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Has anyone tried to use vue with screamernet? I'm just wondering if it works? If you have to buy another license? Or if it just doesn't work at all?

Knowing Vue. It probably just doesn't work at all.

wildr3d
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Has anyone tried to use vue with screamernet? I'm just wondering if it works? If you have to buy another license? Or if it just doesn't work at all?

Knowing Vue. It probably just doesn't work at all.

We have it working through ButterFly Net.

Andyjaggy
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
do you have to buy extra licenses to get it working?

I know you were trying to get Vue working in your pipeline earlier, did you get a working system going?

wildr3d
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
We bought the "Studio Package" that gave us a certain amount of licences to start with and these are installed and working through Butterfly. Any additional nodes need to be purchashed on a per node basis.

Our systems admin is out today, he can give more specific details on how we are using it with Butterfly. I'll see if I can get him to post the info.

dballesg
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi Andy,

To make xStream to work with Screamernet, I've setup the renderfarm with Butterfly as well.

What I did was install Vue Infinite on EVERY computer on the renderfarm, or it will not work. Be sure you install every copy on the same path, so later the LW plugin can find the files it's needing from xStream.

You need node licenses for each node in the farm. And for those I have installed the License Server on our server in the network, because our licenses for xStream and the extra nodes are floating.

If you are using XP 64, you can install BOTH 32 and 64 bits and manage them from ButterFly with Groups.

Aside on every render node machine in the network, you need to edit the file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\e-on software\Vue 6\xStreamxStream_Render_Node.cfg

And change the line "xStreamRenderNode = false" to "xStreamRenderNode = true"

I think I did not forget any steps of the procedure.

David

Andyjaggy
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks.