PDA

View Full Version : SpeedEdit and Power Mac G5 users

jfs
11-15-2007, 09:28 PM
[SIZE="4"]

Hi,

Anyone out there using SpeedEdit on a Mac? If so, how do you like it and is the program working to your expectations?

Thanks!

Jim

Gary Robinson
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm running it on an Imac with bootcamp. I haven't used it extensively, but it's working fine so far.

Randall Chesbro
11-16-2007, 06:50 AM
whats the speed of your I mac?

Gary Robinson
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
It's 2ghz. I just bought it a few weeks ago with Leopard.

ScorpioProd
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Ah, guys... The devil is in the details...

Do note that the thread is actually titled asking about using SpeedEDIT on a "Power Mac G5", which, of course, is NOT possible.

Randall Chesbro
11-16-2007, 12:14 PM
no One said he could run it on a G5, just that their running it on an iMac 2ghz machine.
So the answer is No you cant run it on older macs. has to have the new intell processors in it.

ScorpioProd
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
No one but the poster that titled and created this thread.:hey:

jfs
11-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reply and the info on your Imac. I forgot to mention that my Power Mac G5 is an Intel based Mac. Because I'm new to the Mac world I'm not familiar with "Bootcamp". Can you enlighten me on what that is and what it does? I'm glad to hear that Speededit is working ok on your Imac. I liked what I read about the reviews I came across about the program and I'm very anxious to see it in action. Thanks again! Jim

jfs
11-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Randal,

My Mac has dual 2.6 ghz Intel processors. Are you a Speededit user?

Jim

Gary Robinson
11-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Hi Jim,
Bootcamp comes standard in Leopard now. They finally got it out of beta. It lets you boot into another operating system such as Windows XP or Vista if you have an extra copy. I got mine preconfigured at macmall.com with xp installed. Frankly, you are limited hardware wise with an Imac because you can't install cards such as an esata adapter.

jfs
11-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi again Gary,

I think I'm beginning to see the big picture now. In order to use SpeedEdit I'll have to load XP on my system, right? My new Mac came with Leopard and I haven't had much time lately to explore all the applications that come with it. I guess I have some more research to do before I jump into SpeedEdit. Thanks again for your input.

Jim

Gary Robinson
11-17-2007, 09:37 AM
You can run SpeedEDIT with XP or Vista but you should check the system requirements page to verify the versions. I'm very happy with my VT 5's and SpeedEDITs. I have Final Cut Pro and Avid Xpress pro for some external project compatibility, but in two years, I haven't had a single situation where I've needed them. I really prefer the SpeedEDIT/VT 5 interface.

Randall Chesbro
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I do use SE, But didnt know if i needed to go to a mac tower or just use an Imac. but I also would like it to work well with motion.