PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading projects in VT5

beckytv
11-15-2007, 08:58 AM
If I have one project open and then load a different project, it seems to leave a clone of some of the items in the old project such at the audio mixer and CG. If I close VT and then reopen it and load a project it works fine. Any suggestions or is this a bug in VT5?

Also I am having a lot of lock ups especially rebuilding projects for each client. I have the new card coming in a few day, should this fix the lock up problem?

Any help is appreciated!

Scott Bates
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
If I have one project open and then load a different project, it seems to leave a clone of some of the items in the old project such at the audio mixer and CG. If I close VT and then reopen it and load a project it works fine. Any suggestions or is this a bug in VT5?If you're saying that the Mixer and CG modules remain when loading another project, they're not part of any project, they're part of your current VT Desktop; if you don't want them on the VT desktop interface you need to close them. I save various desktop configurations (after setting them up) by right-clicking on an open area of VT-Edit and selecting Save from the bottom of the drop-down and then using "Load" to retrieve the configuration I want to use.

On the other hand, although I don't have VT[5] yet, in VT[x] I've always closed the active project by using CTRL-n (new project) and then opened another project and have never had any "elements" from the previous project remain (clips, images, whatever).

If either or both of the above are misunderstanding the problem you're having, try again and someone will figure it out. :help:

beckytv
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
What is happening is that the CG and the audio modules are layered on top of the previous projects elements. If you move the one on top around the one behind goes away. Also the drop down menu at the top has a duplicate until you move an element over top of it then it goes away.....

SBowie
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Sounds like a refresh issue .... display card river? Overheating?