PDA

View Full Version : Working with edge selections in modeler?

cinciguy
11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Ha ha... ha. I haven't actually written anything. Mostly.

I'm working on a point contour move plugin for whatever reason, though I probably won't be able to (or maybe shouldn't) do any majour work on it till Christmas timish. But, I was skimming about looking for how to make plugins and I wondered : "If the user has edges selected, what do you use to get those? How does it work?"

I haven't seen anything yet, though I haven't dug too much. I'm just curious about it, because I'd like to have it work if polies, edges, or verts are selected, and each one would act a bit differently.

And while I'm asking for quick answers (And maybe some reference or code to look at.), is there a way to get what stuff the user has selected with out iterating over every [thingy selected] on the object? What order they selected them in? And to tell what selection mode they're in?

To summerize : Modeler plugin...
1 : How do you work with edges? How do you tell which ones the user has selected?
2 : Is there a premade list (or function or something) that has what the user has selected?
3 : How do you tell what order the items were selected in?
4 : Is there a way to tell what selection mode the user is in and act accordingly?

Thanks!

MiniFireDragon
11-15-2007, 07:35 PM
All your questions will be answered if you look at this page in the sdk:
/lwsdk/html/classes/me.html

Oh... and HA HA back!

cinciguy
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Ah! Thank you very much!