PDA

View Full Version : Extender Issue's suddenly appeared!

SovereignUK
11-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi folks,

Sorry for another newbie question but i've been gettin along great with LW after some install issues and gettin to grips with the programme following tutorials etc.

However it appears as though the extender tool is no longer fuctioning correctly. :thumbsdow Or maybe its me. lol Basically as i select points in order and hit e or entender and go to move and it flips the poly i hit e and move again and the next poly is correctly flipped then it will go back for the next. It alternates with each new extended poly :grumpy:

Whats more say i'm extending a line of curving point, say on a bonnet as you move the extended polys out it has created some flipped polys joining random points together under the surface set your looking to create or just some weird pattern or randomly connected polys. Its rather annoying as it never did this previously. I'm connecting the points in order and doing the same as what i did before when it worked.

Have i pressed something perhaps. I've tried re-installing but to no avail. Any help would be awesome. Just when i was gettin comfortable too lol :mad:

Sensei
11-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I have never observed such behaving.. But you know that there is Detail > Polygons > Align tool? Assign it to short-cut, and one click, and polys are fixed.. People rather don't use Extender Plus together with points since v9.0 (or use when points are the only thing you have) - select edge(s) and then Extender Plus and movement..

meshpig
11-14-2007, 11:06 PM
um?...are you sure you aren't extruding "E" and extending "e" inadevertently? You might be accidentally doing both? ; Extrude creates flipped polys if you tool from the back side and retains the face you are extruding also if youi hit extend twice by accident, you're going to end up with double-sided polys, or one atop the other which could account for the irregular pattern you describe... that sort of thing maybe?

m:)