PDA

View Full Version : using speededit 1.5 with tmpgenc

tvpro
11-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Hello everyone, first post to the forum. Nothing like a question to get one posting I guess. Anyway, can someone explain what is needed to get tmpgenc (I have version 4 Express) read the speededit 1.5 project file and encode to m2v. without first rendering the project out to an avi. I thought I read on the Newtek site this is now possible.
Thanks and look forward to being a member of this community.
Steve

ScorpioProd
11-14-2007, 02:17 AM
4.8.1.3 TMPGenc Support
SpeedEDIT provides special support for the popular Tsunami MPEG encoder (a.k.a. “TMPGenc”), a third-party compression tool.

If you have TMPGenc installed, locate the plugin named VTTMPEGEncProjectPlugin.vfp in your SpeedEDIT installation’s “3rd Party” folder. Copy this file into the director where the TMPGenc executable file is on your system.

animlab
11-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Eugene,

VTTMPEGEncProjectPlugin.vfp seems not work in TMPGEnc 4 Express. I am using v4.2.3 and I can not load .VTP file.
However, AVI wrapper seems working without problem. Save project file as .avi file. I am not fully test the AVI wrapper yet.

ScorpioProd
11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh... I actually use TMPGEnc 2.5, and loading the VTP does work there... I thought Newtek updated it to work with TMPGEnc 4 Express as well...

I'll check with Newtek on it and post back.

video
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know if the new AVI wrapper will work with other programs like aftereffects or canopus procoder as well?

thanks
Steve Newbert

tvpro
11-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for getting back. Got it to work in 2.5 so for now I will just use the older version.
Thanks!

robewil
11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I can confirm that the avi-wrapper works with TMPGEnc 4. I wish the VTP would too, though.

ScorpioProd
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Cause remember, unless something has changed, the generic AVI Wrapper will NOT be giving TMPGEnc the number of lines it needs.

Remember the 486 instead of 480 line issue when using the AVI Wrapper with TMPGEnc? Or has this changed and it now properly reflects the project resolution?

ScorpioProd
11-14-2007, 09:27 PM
OK, just confirmed with Newtek that the VTP loader only works with TMPGEnc 2.5.

You need to use the AVI Wrapper for TMPGEnc 4 Express.

John Perkins
11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
The TMPG plugin is for the 2.5 version of TMPG.

If you have a 1080i project for example, the avi wrapper will give the host application the full project resolution.

If you prefer to have SE do the scaling, make a new project of the size/framerate you want, then drag the "big" project into this new project, creating a subproject. Don't load the "big" project, otherwise you are accomplishing nothing, drag it in like a clip.

Save this as a wrapped AVI and SE will then be scaling down before handing frames to the host application.

robewil
11-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Cause remember, unless something has changed, the generic AVI Wrapper will NOT be giving TMPGEnc the number of lines it needs.

Remember the 486 instead of 480 line issue when using the AVI Wrapper with TMPGEnc? Or has this changed and it now properly reflects the project resolution?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Eugene, but it sounds like you're still thinking VT-Edit where everything was 720X486. I defined my SpeedEdit project at 720X480 so I don't think TMPGEnc did any scaling.

xpycm
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
TMPGenc plugin does not work with my TMPGenc DVD Author 3.0...

When I use AVI Wrapper and bring my SE project saved as .avi file into TMPGenc DVD Author 3.0, video is recognized and plays O'K in Simulation but there is no audio... What is interesting, video and audio show the same source path but duration is absolutely different (e.g., 2hrs 40 min for video and 79 hrs for audio (???) I guess, it should not be this way...

I have no problem with regular (non-project) .avi files: both video and audio show the same source path and duration and play in sync in Simulation.

Any ideas?..

ScorpioProd
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, Eugene, but it sounds like you're still thinking VT-Edit where everything was 720X486. I defined my SpeedEdit project at 720X480 so I don't think TMPGEnc did any scaling.
No, you're right, you're fine in your case.

But see, it's IMPORTANT to note that the VTP plug-in to TMPGEnc 2.5 does NOT work like the one in VT[4]. In VT[4] it automatically gave TMPGEnc 2.5 720X480, which is all TMPGEnc 2.5 wants. It does NOT do that in the new version. Frankly, it should, in my opinion, but it doesn't.

So, as John points out, for BOTH the VTP loader AND the AVI Wrapper, you need to define your project as the resolution you want to be given to the program you are feeding your project to.

You do NOT want TMPGENc 2.5 to be scaling ANYTHING.

ScorpioProd
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Some programs couldn't read the AVI Wrapper audio in the VT[4] version, this was never true of the VTP loader.

BUT, since you can't use the VTP loader in your version of TMPGEnc, I recommend rendering out the wav directly from your SpeedEDIT project.

Actually, I just tried it. For SpeedEDIT 1.5 projects fed to TMPGEnc 2.5 via the VTP loader, the audio and video both work correctly.

For SpeedEDIT 1.5 projects fed to TMPGEnc 2.5 via the AVI Wrapper, only the video works.

But again, it's not really a big deal to just do a lossless wav render of a full project.

xpycm
11-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Thank you, Eugene!

I did the same thing myself and it worked!.. I think, it is a work-around for now...

John Perkins
11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Some applications cant read ACM audio codecs, which the AVI wrapper audio uses. (This is a VFW vs DirectShow difference, not a compression scheme)

We are investigating other options for the future.

SteelPicR
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
John or someone from Newtek, please tell us when/if NT will get the project plugin working with TMPG 4.xxx.