PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster VM Not Working! HELP!!

MRGVideo
11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I took the VM out of the office today, after a couple months of sitting in the box, and it won't work. I've tried using two known good USB cables in the front of the unit and the back. USB connections work fine for KB and external hard drives.

The VM just lights up dimly the entire top row (LIVE) of buttons. Nothing on it functions.

Does this need to be repaired?

Is there anyone in the Chicagoland area that would be willing to loan me a VM for the weekend? My director for this show has never used the TriCaster with the keyboard before! HELP! PLEASE!

Mike Gunderson
MRG Video, Inc
Rock City, IL
(815) 865-5310

supadave
11-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Mine does the same thing.. I got in a pinch and just used the keyboard. After I got used to the keyboard I didn't bother with the vm anymore.. The hotkeys on the keyboard serve the same job for me. I do need to call though and see if it is under warrenty. Never hurts to get it fixed anyway.. The good thing about getting used to the keyboard is that they are much easier to replace..

Is there a keyboard hotkey sheet anywhere online? That would be a nice tool for someone like MRGVideo.

supadave
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/TriCaster

Go there and download the tricaster manual in pdf. Search keyboard Shortcuts and you will find all the shortcuts to help you through..

MRGVideo
11-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Yes, I do know about the hotkeys and which ones work. It's just that my person who switches used to run a large production switcher and is much more comfortable with a familiar interface.

Thanks though.

MRG