PDA

View Full Version : How can I reduce the amount of color bouncing from radiosity?

Nicolas Jordan
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Is there an easy way to reduce and control the amount color that bounces off of a surface onto another when using radiosity. I know this is the nature of radiosity. Clients expect to see a white ceiling and not have it colored the same as the floor from light bounces or at least not colored very much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have attached an example of a project I am working on where the ceiling color is white but it is getting to much pink cast from the light bouncing off of the floor so it makes it look almost the same as the floor color.

Nicolas Jordan
11-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Unseen by Radiosity?

Maybe render one with the ceiling included in the radiosity calc, then render one with the ceiling excluded. Then fade between them in Photoshop or similar program to get the desired colour bleed on the ceiling.

Thanks, I will give that a try. :)

ingo
11-14-2007, 02:38 AM
I would just render an alpha channel for the walls and the ceiling and desaturate them in PS, that way you have more controll and you are faster.

walfridson
11-14-2007, 02:53 AM
less Diffuse value

can also render to photoshop imagefile and tweak the layers in PS.

JeffrySG
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Are your lights tinted as well possibly? If so you might want to bring them back closer to pure white. I know that some lights have a slight tint but this is usually adjusted during photography to make them look white. You could make the lights white in LW or in post in PS as well...

Jeff

othornton
11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
You could just turn down the radiosity intensity in the Global panel I suppose that would work.