PDA

View Full Version : some things i found with SE1.5

Randall Chesbro
11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I put a .mov clip from editors tool kit. and hit overlay , it did not take out the alpha ch untill i hit Image super sampling. that was wierd. it was 069 lower 3rd
and 070 lower 3rd.mov. I tried some other ones and they were ok.

also I cant remember if theres a trick to getting the video to come out the toaster card, other than hitting the output option. mine will flicker very little

and the good news so far is, with SE 1.2 i kept useing vt 4.6 ran much better.
with SE1.5 its like i have a new machine. I cant get a smooth output With 1394 but the on screen monitor set on high is working with 4 sd layers pretty good. even at 200 % size. after that it renders.
the Cg seems a lot smoother also , but still need some work, like the scrolling.

dual 2.8 zeons 1 gig ram 533bus speed .

axaboss
11-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I just upgraded to SE 1.5 and find the interface acting more responsive. I don't have time to go thru all the things that bothered me before but "will do" when the burden of work is not so overwhelming.

inquisitive
11-13-2007, 02:32 AM
good to hear about the SE1.5 experience. I wonder how well will a VT5 run in dual xeon 2.6Ghz w/ 2gigs of ram 533 bus.. my cpu's a tad slower than yours.
Would you say that SE and VT5 would run about the same (for editing purposes)?

Randall Chesbro
11-13-2007, 05:16 AM
should be the same thing. theres not much more i can do to upgrade the machine i have, maybe a better Graphics card.