PDA

View Full Version : Looking for free or very low cost motion graphics clips

wtdedula
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Hello All;
I am in need of a motion graphics clip to use as a background to a Promo video I'm making in SpeedEdit. It's just something to put behind some flying-in clips. I need it to loop so I can use it for a variable amount of time. .

Is there is a free source for any of these or very low cost ? I know a lots of companies sell these but the ones I've looked at are bundles that are pretty high cost.

Another question - I do have After Effects 6.5. Is there a tutorial or two on hos to create these types of motion graphics ?
Thanks.

Tim

Rich Deustachio
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
If you look at Digital juice they run specials all the time for moving background sets, they have one right now for around 15 bucks.

SBowie
11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Aren't there a few examples in the VT content?

Keith Gandy
11-13-2007, 12:12 AM
If you drop me a private email, I will send you a zipped ten second loop that you can render in AE6.5. This will also give you an idea of how to create a loop for yourself. Gratis. Free. No Cost. Without any shipping and handling charges.

Write me at keithm107(at)bgab.de

umit
11-13-2007, 02:56 AM
AE tutorials. Some requires plug-ins.

http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e.html

wtdedula
11-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Rich - I looked at Digital Juice and purchased a few Jump Backs at $14.95 each. I got Fireworks, All Particles, and Pure Tech. I can see how this site can get pretty addictive. The only problem is that they aren't downloadable and have to be sent to me. I requested 2-day shipping so hope they'll be sent today and I'll receive them on Thursday.

Sbowie - I'll check my VT-3 content for some motion graphics. Maybe I'll get VT-5 today and they'll have something I can use while I wait for my motion graphics from Digital Juice to arrive.

Keith - Thanks. I'll send you an email after I post this message. Thanks so much.

And last not least, umet - I'll check out the tutorials you suggested tonite.

Thanks all - All of your suggestions should give me something that will work for a Promo Video that has to be done this coming Saturday.

Tim

wtdedula
11-13-2007, 07:31 PM
AE tutorials. Some requires plug-ins.

http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e.html

Hi umit - I looked at the web site you directed me to and those examples are awesome ! I have never visited a tutorial site that has even come close to providing anywhere near as awesome motion graphics as the site above.

This is one I'll definitely bookmark.

Tim

ivanze
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Umit: That site rocks!! Thnx for the link. Do you have more like that?

Gaiking
11-14-2007, 04:42 AM
I have to say the BEST AE site I have ever visited would have to be Andrew Kramer's at www.videocopilot.net . Talk about some awesome tutorials! - Jerry