PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9.3 UB - Trial

Sastira
11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Greetings!

Is there anywhere I can go to get a trail version of 9.3 UB? The only Lightwave I've ever used was on windows, and now I don't have it at all any more (stupid friend needed it back :cry: ). I've really wanted to try the Mac version ever since I burned all my windows machines and went all mac!

Thanks! :)

-Sastira

Steamthrower
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
First off, kudos for burning all your Windows machines. It is an act worthy of sincere commendation.

And now for the moment of truth:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/index_lw9trial.html

Also refer to this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75906&highlight=trial

And email the good folks at NT and ask them if they'll think of some way to easily show newcomers a demo vid.

Sastira
11-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes... the burning of my windows machines was akin to a cleansing of the soul.

Thank you very much for the link!!!

-Sastira

Sastira
11-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Bit of a problem. I went to the "Help" menu on the OSX menu bar and found "Enter unlock code". Upon clicking it I receive:

Error: Unknown command: "Generic_makelicense"

Help! :)

Steamthrower
11-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Oops, looks like you hit a common hitch there. First, I'll assume you have the license key file from your PPC version of Lightwave. If you do, copy that both into your Lightwave 9.3 UB root directory and the Shared Support directory. If you have the number but not the file just create a file with TextEdit and name it "license.key" and use that.

BeeVee
11-13-2007, 04:12 AM
...or make sure LightWave is not running, and create a folder in ~/caches called LightWave3D.

B

Sastira
11-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey again guys!

Finally got another chance to give this a shot.

First off, I don't have a license key file because I don't own a previous version of Lightwave, so that fix won't work. I am trying to input a key for the 30 day trial.

Secondly, ~/caches did not exist, so I created it and then a Lightwave3D folder under it.

Nothing so far has worked. Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help!!

I can't wait till I can afford to get my very own copy of Lightwave! :D

Sastira
11-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Oh.. I'm totally retarded. I missed the bit about making it. Works now. Thanks guys!!!

BeeVee
11-14-2007, 02:35 AM
"~/caches" does exist. I don't know your username on your Mac so I couldn't put it exactly, but it's <username>/caches.

B

lucaFX
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi,
for the UB the license key file must be in (only for current user) : <user>/Library/Preferences/Lightwave3D
Then if you want the license for all users you must put the license file in:
<Hard Disk>/Library/Preferences/Lightwave3D

The personal presets and third party plugins in:
<user>/Library/Application Support/Lightwave3D/presets
<user>/Library/Application Support/Lightwave3D/plugins

The folders will be created at the first launch of Lightwave.

I'm sorry for the bad english, but i'im italian.