PDA

View Full Version : 'Resizing'the camera.

Enfade
11-11-2007, 01:13 PM
A little while ago I made a mustang at the correct size in lightwave. For fun I wanted to make a small animation so to start I made a road within a mountain area at a size of 1km x 1km. When I load them into Layout they all resize to almost equal sizes of each other.
Don't know how to explain it better but i want both the car and the landscape to keep their correct sizes and have the camera pretty much the way we percieve the world. Both the car and the area to make a driving animation. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

cagey5
11-11-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68253

gpdesigner
11-11-2007, 01:52 PM
go to display options pannel, set the grid size to about 5 feet . .
gp

PixelPilot
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
The camera is attached to the size of the grid in Layout. You need only tap the bracket [ ] keys a few times till your camera is proportional to your Mustang object.

11-15-2007, 05:01 AM
The replys so far are assuming that the problem is, if you load the objects separately each into it's own LW scene they each automatically fill the screen, 'cause thats LW being helpfull.
Is that the case, or is it that if you put them both in the same scene the car is the as big as the landscape.
If the latter, then you've got a modeling scale problem - in my experience this usually happens when stuff is brought in (e.g. via .3ds) from a CAD package or something, where the scale unit is the worldwide (apart from USA) standard of 1mm, as opposed to the LW standard of 1m.
Nothing but to be done but resize the model (ShiftH, numeric, 0.1).
Don't try to use LW pretending that mm are m because then NOTHING works as expectedby the numbers - textures, lenses, etc etc - it just doesn't all translateby a factor of 1000 all round.