PDA

View Full Version : surface irregulaity

gpdesigner
11-10-2007, 08:35 AM
hello all,
I have been seeing this since yesturday, tried to find out what it is for a few hours today and still can't figure it out. At first glance it may seem like some random poly on the edge but checking the mesh the polys are not doubled. Also what doesn't seem to make sence is the irregularity isn't on all of the sections as the ring is the same section in a radial array! . . so if it were the mesh it would be on all the sections. Anybody seen this before?
gp

toby
11-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I think it's a radiosity bug, try it with cg lights. It might have something to do with uv's too, try moving them around and see if it changes anything

Exception
11-11-2007, 02:50 AM
merge points, delete all one and two point polys, unify polygons... check if there isn't one that faces the other way... in short, it does seem like mesh issue to me yes. Can you share the object?

gpdesigner
11-11-2007, 05:27 AM
I fixeed the issue last night, I think I was stressing the end section of the poly with an edge bevel, I extended the end points about a quarter inch and lopped of the excess . . seems to be working great at the moment.
Thanks for the insights . . .
gp

Hopper
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
That's a really cool design. May I ask what it is you're making?

gpdesigner
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
That's a really cool design. May I ask what it is you're making?

Thanks . . sure, it's StarTrek DS9.
Just got in from visiting the in-laws, figured I would work on the model some . . . :D
gp

JeffrySG
11-12-2007, 07:50 AM
^come on GP... give you WIP link so everyone can see your great work! :D

gpdesigner
11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
*looks to left and right* . . . "who said that?"
JeffrySG you following me? :D . . . Sorry dude this is just a help thread.
I mean I have nothin but love for this forum, it was my first back in 2000.
but too mny threads spoil the pot. :hey:
gp

JeffrySG
11-12-2007, 08:28 AM
lol, ok, I just meant for you to post a link to your wip thread... but if they're really interested they'll find it... lol

gpdesigner
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
hey dude . . I still have papers for you, . . can you tell I'm lazy . . :D
right at the moment I am knee deep in a clients website and ds9, but the interview will go up soon.
gp

JeffrySG
11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
no sweat man... whenever you get the time! I'll be here... :)