PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Alternative

vivekd
07-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Hello,

I have a cluster of MACS all running OS X.2.3 and I have been succesfull running Scremernet on all of them for many months.

The question I have is that I am looking for a renderer whare lightwave in not involved at all not screamernet not Lightwave nothing. All I want to do is feed this piece of software my scene file and and allow it to render away on specified nodes. In terms of specifying the nodes I don't want to mount anything but instead tell the host rendering the I.P addresses of the nodes. And most of all the main renderer has to run on a MAC specifically OS X the client nodes can run on MACs or P.C

I know this is probably not possible or this is not a MAC bassed program but do you know of anything?

Also what is your opintion on 3Delight...

thanks

-Vman

eblu
07-02-2003, 02:36 PM
i looked for a practical "today" answer for this question, but i found very little.
one of the problems is that Lightwave's renderer only exists in Lightwave or in Screamernet, so if you want to use Lightwave's renderer, you will do it like everybody else.

I did find:
http://www.td-grafik.de/softw/lightman.php
which after some light reading, appears to export a Renderman file, which you can then render with renderman. As of right now however, renderman is not on the mac, so it is not a practical "today" solution.

personally I think that to get what you are after, it would take more work and money than just going with what works now. Maybe in a year or so, things will be different.

Beamtracer
07-02-2003, 03:35 PM
I think you'll hear of more network rendering solutions at the Siggraph expo later this month.

vivekd
07-02-2003, 06:13 PM
I will also be in SIGGRAPH later this month what do you expect as a network renderer? Also would it work on OS X.

What about 3Delight?

Thanx....