PDA

View Full Version : creating a DVD with TC burn

kroncelli
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I have a an interview on Mini DV that I would like to transfer to a DVD with a TC Window Burn. This way I can log it while I'm on the road and on the plane. I have VT3
with ULEAD DVD Software. Is there a way to capture the
raw footage through VT3 with the TC Burn IN and then transfer to DVD. Any help would be great. Thanks
K

SteelPicR
11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I have a Sony DVCam deck and can input that into the s-video on the BOB. If I set the display function to show on the Sony deck and capture like that, I do get time code.

Scott Bates
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
With my JVC Mini-DV deck I take the deck's composite "Monitor Out" directly to a stand-alone DVD recorder and burn such DVDs directly with the TC burned over the video. Not pretty, but for logging purposes it doesn't matter. If you have a deck with a monitor output but not a stand-alone DVD recorder you can take the monitor output into VT and go from there to get a DVD.

wvp
11-10-2007, 07:39 AM
On VT3 you can also capture the footage and then lay down the TimeCode overlay files (which are on the FTP server here) and the create a DVD as you normally do.
You have to line up the video at zero as well as the overlay but then you have a burn window that is 100% synced with your timeline (which is what matters most).