PDA

View Full Version : Plug-In Help

VTA
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I downloaded a plug-in yesterday (Polygon Coloring) and it worked fine, but today it's greyed out in the Menu and I can't get it back. I tried Edit Plugins and deleted it and added it again, but no luck.

Why would a plug-in suddenly not work anymore?
Thanks for any info.
-Vincent

art
11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
The only requirement for this plugin is that there must be some geometry existing in modeler otherwise the plugin is grayed out. I did not personally test in on Mac as I do not have access to one, but I never encountered this issue on PC. Is that the latest beta that you are running btw? I did not have a chance to test with that either.

VTA
11-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Hello Art,
Thanks for the reply. I am using LW 9.3 and I downloaded the 9.x+ (UB)
and installed it yesterday. It worked then, but today, it shows up grey. I delete it and re-add it and it comes back in the menu, but says it cannot start.

That's cool if you're not able to get it to go fully the Mac, I was just hoping there was something I might have missed or done wrong.
Thanks again.
-Vincent

art
11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Would you be able to try/use the OSX version of the same plugin? I am really not sure if this would be the problem with this particular UB compilation or with something else. Did anything change since yesterday in your setup? Hopefully someone else with a Mac would be kind enough to try it too.

Lightwolf
11-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi Vincent,
I ported it, and I can actually test it as well. I'll get back ;)

Cheers,
Mike

art
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Thank you, Mike :bowdown:

VTA
11-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Hello Fella's,
I did try to use the other one you have on the site that say's it's for 8.x+ (OSX), but it didn't allow me to load it. A message saying cannot load external plugin.

As for my set up and any changes, not that I would think. No one uses this machine but me and I just walk in and wake it from sleep. :)

For the short time I used this plug-in, I really liked what it could do.
Thank you both for your help.:thumbsup:
-Vincent

JeffrySG
11-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Vincent, if you were going to use any of the ".p" plugins you would need to use that on the CFM (non-UB) version of LW. The UB LW uses the ".plugin" plugins. That's a good and easy way to determine if a plugin is written for the UB version of LW or not...

--J

Lightwolf
11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Good point. The ones that I compiled are the UB version (.plugin).

Cheers,
Mike

parm
11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks. I was going to ask about this.

One of my favorites, very useful :thumbsup:

VTA
11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Hello Guys,
I am using LW 9.3. I assume it's UB, is there some way to find out?
What I'd downloaded was:

Download Polygon Coloring 1.0.2 for Lightwave 9.x+ (Universal Binary)

from Art's site.
Thanks for the help.
-Vincent

Lightwolf
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Hello Guys,
I am using LW 9.3. I assume it's UB, is there some way to find out?

If the applications are called "Layout.app" or "Modeler.app" then you're running the UB and need the .plugin type plugins.
If they don't have that extension you're running the CFM, which requires .p plugins.

Cheers,
Mike

VTA
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
If the applications are called "Layout.app" or "Modeler.app" then you're running the UB and need the .plugin type plugins.
If they don't have that extension you're running the CFM, which requires .p plugins.

Cheers,
Mike

Okay, thanks for the clarification.
It does say .app and I do have the .plugin in the utilities folder.
Thanks.
-Vincent

circleofsmoke
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm not running UB - if I swop over will older non UB plugins still work?

circleofsmoke
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Hmm no older plugs dont work - a cleft stick I guess

JeffrySG
11-14-2007, 02:13 PM
^circleofsmoke

CFM version will ONLY use .p mac plugins

UB version will ONLY use .plugin mac plugins

VTA
11-15-2007, 12:40 PM
This really is an oddity. It has been working since Monday, and today it doesn't work again.

I wonder what set's it's mood off? I tried restarting the computer and had no luck.

Really a strange circumstance.
-Vincent