PDA

View Full Version : Flash Help missing, after Reg 'n' Dwnld

donski
11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Recently downloaded 9.3.

Registered, downloaded the help file AND the screen res manuals.
Have installed the help file many times.

It puts a 193 mb help file called Lightwave.help in my Library/Documentation/Help.

But in Lightwave 3D 9.3/Documentation there is no FlashHelp folder.

So I keep getting the "Online Help Files have not been installed".

God knows I've tried. What part could I be missing?:help:

---------------------------
G5 dual 2Gig proc
1.5Gig RAM
OS 10.4.10

eblu
11-09-2007, 07:57 AM
me too.

But, I think The UB is supposed to do away with the flash based help for a More mac os X compatible Help based help system... and that doesn't work either.
your better off just looking at the PDFs

donski
11-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Seems strange that something so central to the program, something that is available for download and that it doesn't work.

Seems strange that if it doesn't work in Mac OS or UB that my LW forum search doesn't pick up any thread discussing why, or complaining about it.

Yeah, OK, pdfs, why not. I've already forgotten why it was important in the first place. :cry:

Giacomo99
11-10-2007, 02:28 PM
While we're on the topic--the PDFs of the new manuals scroll and update so slowly that they're basically unusable. The most recent version of Acrobat Reader just doesn't seem capable of handling thousand-page graphics-heavy documents. I turned off text antialiasing and it helped a bit, but not much.

Also, I just noticed that Newtek took a LOT of their old tutorials on this site down. Many of them were very useful--I've not seem any info on camera mapping for Lightwave anywhere else.

SP00
11-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm kinda new to this OS X, so can I remove this help file by simply deleting it? or will there be other supporting files that I will have to look for? Thanks.

Chilton
11-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi,

You can just delete the files. Our installer just puts the files there. And this will be rectified very soon.

-Chilton

medicalart
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Where is the help file located? I downloaded the huge file, too, and can't seem to find it anywhere. And, yes, neither 9.2 or 9.3 can find it...

medicalart
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Just found the other post answering this. Library/documentation/help