PDA

View Full Version : Fixed near Clip distance

animotion
11-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Is this really useful for anything?

Does any one know how to permanently turn this off? Every time I zoom close in Layout I have to uncheck Fixed near Clip distance in the display tab in order to see my model. Its kinda annoying to have to do this every time you start a new scene. I wonder if this can be off by default?

Animotion

Maxx
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Are you on 9.3? I remember this behavior on - I think - 9.0 or 9.2, but it's been fixed since. For me, anyway. Perhaps trashing the configs and starting fresh could help.

As for why one would use it... ummmm.... Perhaps if you have too much hair and would like to lose some in a hurry?

animotion
11-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes 9.3.1 latest build 1290 64 bit.

Maxx
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
OK. And now I feel like an idiot.

I do remember this problem in earlier versions, then I seem to remember it going away. I didn't bother checking after that, but low and behold, it's back. Yeah, the Fixed Near Clip turns itself back on every time you close Layout - sounds like a bug report is in order.

RedBull
11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
sounds like a bug report is in order.

Yes this issue does irritate me too....
However i think the issue is bigger than just FNCD...

LW needs to keep all toggle options/booleans in the main menus, in the configs.. For some reason in 9.3 added Render Lines, which is ignored by configs and turned on by default, FNCD and likely a half a dozen others are not written in the config, and they really need to be.

There is no reason Raytracing options shouldn't be remembered or configured....! Yes configured i like that word.. Oh wait that's why LW has a freaking config file.. It's not just the FNCD distance that should be doing this IMO..