PDA

View Full Version : VT5 (?): Effects / Slates with 4 Video Sources?

djWHEAT
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
This is one of the new features listed under VT5:

Effects with up to 4 video sources are possible (some restrictions apply.)

We've just installed our upgrade to VT5 and it looks great! I've been reading a bit about the live sets for the past few days, and it seems like the LiveSet Constructor isn't quite ready yet.

With that being said... is there anyway using the VT5 that we can still achieve 3 camera inputs on one "slate" without using a plugin like bob's 3rd Channel?

Is there any of the "packaged" programs that come with the VT bundle that can pull this off? Lightwave, Aura, Something Built in?

Anyone who could shed some light for this VT newbie would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

SBowie
11-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think any of the example LiveSets provide 3 live sources, but the ability to roll your own to taste is just a bit more than a heartbeat away.

In the meantime, and relying solely on native tools, I think about as close as you are going to get might a dual PIP LiveSet with a pre-scaled overlay running out of a DDR - not quite what you want. Soon, very soon ... (three channels live will chew up a lot of PCI bus bandwidth, mind you.)

Bobt
11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Is there any of the "packaged" programs that come with the VT bundle that can pull this off? Lightwave, Aura, Something Built in?

The answer is NOPE! You dont even have 4 live inputs on the VT.
If you add DV you can get another source so maybe that way..

SBowie
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Aaah, but the original post didn't specify "4 live inputs" Bob.

After referring to the "four video sources" (not the same thing as 4 live inputs), the posts asks about a way to achieve "3 camera inputs" .. which IS possible, as I said. :)

Bobt
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Yep 3rd Channel been doing it for about a year now ;)
For T3,T4 and sooner or later T5.
bob

ncsu1
11-08-2007, 09:05 AM
djWHEAT, in other words, showing the whole team won't work ;)

John Perkins
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
The included LiveSets aren't using all 4 sources. (the input the effect is attached to, the FX bus, DSK and Preview)

If you are interested, contact me directly about the beta Aura/Mirage/TVPaint plugin for LiveSet creation. It's almost ready to go, but I'm working out installer kinks for all these different applications.

If you have any experience with Aura it's incredibly easy to make them.

You can also contact me about the LightWave 9.3.1 plugin, but you must be a registered LW9 owner since it requires the new LW 9.3.1 beta.