PDA

View Full Version : Walk Cycles and other things

Skinner3D
11-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Could someone please post the walk cycle tutorial that Proton created? The Newtek tutorial site is down at the moment.

If I have several models that use the exact same skeleton except for size, will the same walk cycle work for all of them?

Is it possible to create a self contained walkthrough of a building that I made in Lightwave? IE the person wants me to model the building put it and some program on cd and then he gets to take the cd wherever he goes and do walkthrough for people?
:help:
:D

SplineGod
11-06-2007, 05:54 PM
If you can create one walk cycle with a biped its pretty simple to do the same on another biped rig. I also recall there being some kind of game engine or something similar that would play back a LW scene file. It also might be something you could do via shockwave or vrml.

meshpig
11-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Could someone please post the walk cycle tutorial that Proton created? The Newtek tutorial site is down at the moment.

If I have several models that use the exact same skeleton except for size, will the same walk cycle work for all of them?

Is it possible to create a self contained walkthrough of a building that I made in Lightwave? IE the person wants me to model the building put it and some program on cd and then he gets to take the cd wherever he goes and do walkthrough for people?
:help:
:D

Use a game engine for a portable walk-through. If you are on mac http://unity3d.com/ (indie) is cheap and good for that sort of thing.

The latest version has a brush terrain generator and you can really get buildings looking good with no game play.

You can't make standalone stuff for PC's though wihtout shelling out the $$$'s.

Otherwise look around for something similar for PC?

m

SplineGod
11-07-2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.render-blade.com/English/index.html

Skinner3D
11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
I downloaded the program but it wouldn't let me do anything other than rotate the object, is that part of the priced version? Does the priced version allow more points? If I can get around those two things then RenderBlade looks like it might be what I need.

My teacher is going to kill me if I dont get this walk cycle going though :D