PDA

View Full Version : Node request.

stevecullum
11-06-2007, 04:15 AM
How hard would it be to code up a 'result' node?

I've been using C4D recently and you can attach a similar thing to its expression editor to see whats going on. Its very useful and I could see something like that becoming indespensible when trying to design new shaders etc..

Matt
11-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Also, being able to turn off individual nodes but keep their links would be useful too.

And being able to edit links below 100% view mode.

You should check out the node editor part of Sandbox2 (Crysis level editor) even though it's not for CG (for controlling AI flow) it has some nice features!

I love the ability to edit the curves by clicking on the centre handle.

Anti-Distinctly
11-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Reminds me of the Massive engine interface that I saw in LOTR fx featurettes.

stevecullum
11-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Perhaps we might see an AI node in the future. One where objects instinctively know how they should be moving based on mass, description and shape. For example a character that 'knows' how it should walk based on the size and mass of its muscles.

I think sometime in future, we shall see more autonomy in animation and we will become more directors than animators, but for now I guess we will still need to wear both hats. :)

(I could have really done with a results node the other day tho, trying to debug a trigonometric issue - maybe its time to learn some scripting!)

Panikos
11-18-2007, 01:48 AM
AI doesnt work without some kind of human aid.
Sorry to disappoint you.